I love taking quinoa salads for lunch, the grain is just so versatile and healthy. This week I went Greek, I made a lemon vinaigrette and tossed the cooked quinoa with it as soon as it came out of the pan. It is always best to dress your salads when they are hot, they absorb the flavor of the dressing more fully that way. I added in the diced red onion, I like how the heat of the quinoa softens the bite of the onion just a bit.
Once it had cooled down, I added diced cucumber, tomato, olives, and feta cheese.
I can’t wait to eat this salad for lunch today! Oh – another tip, always make extra vinaigrette. I keep it on hand for a multitude of dishes throughout the week. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Toss some greens with vinaigrette and top with leftover chicken
- Marinate chicken breasts in vinaigrette
- Create a greek tuna salad by dressing your tuna with a lemon vinaigrette instead of mayo
- Toss the dressing with some veggies and pasta for a quick summer side dish
- Roast potatoes in the oven and dress them with a little vinaigrette when they come out of the oven
The possibilities are endless, just one more way that prepping on a Sunday can make life easier during the week!