Holy cow 2014 went fast…..
I found myself looking back on my posts of the year and it all seems like such a blur. Hopefully this year I will have more time to slow down and enjoy each day. I have been thinking about my goals for 2015 and they are pretty standard goals:
1. Exercise more – I hate, hate, hate to exercise…..but I know it is good for me and I do feel better when I do it. I do think the FitBit I bought in August has helped. It has made me more aware of the amount of steps I take in a day and I find myself consciously trying to make it to 10,000 steps each and every day. I have started doing a 30 day challenge each month. I just finished squats, this month is planking. I do it every morning, as soon as I get out of bed. It really does make a difference, I definitely think I would find a reason not to do it if I waited until the end of the day.
2. Spend more time with friends – 2014 was a year of immense change for me at work, I was doing the job of three people and tackling things I had never done before. I am really proud of what I accomplished in 2014 but it came at a very big price. I was at work, A LOT, and I was not able to spend the time I needed and wanted to with my family and friends. That will change in 2015.
3. Attempt new recipes – this year it was all about getting good food on the table, quickly…..2015 I want to go back to trying more difficult, complicated recipes, I want to test my limits and be more adventurous. That is not to say I will be abandoning my go to meals, it just means that when I have the time, I want to research, plan, and try new things.
4. Actually use all of my vacation time – I am not getting any younger, I want to see and experience the world while I am still in good health! I also deserve to take time off and relax, I just need to remember that as the year progresses. I already have plans for a week at the shore and goodness knows that makes me a very happy girl, but I would also like to take some weekend trips, visit new places, reconnect with old friends, but most of all, take the time to recharge me, so that I can be the very best boss, employee, wife, daughter, and friend to others.
5. Take the time to take care of myself – I am a person who tends to take care of others first. It is a role that I like, I like helping people, I like taking care of people, it makes me happy, but at the same time, I tend to neglect myself and I deserve to be as good to myself as I am to others. This year I will be making a better effort to take care of me……and everyone else!
As you can see, nothing too outrageous, nothing too bold, just honest goals, that I do believe I can accomplish, but that will make all the difference in the end. What are your goals for 2015?